Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy (“Use Policy”) is a part of and incorporated within and to be read with the Terms of App Use(“Terms”) and is applicable to the users of the App and the service providers listed on the App. The capitalized terms used in this Use Policy, but not defined herein, shall have the meaning given to such terms in the Terms.
The Users may use the App only for lawful purposes. The user may not use the App:
- — In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- — In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- — For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- — To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- — To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- — To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- — Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the App in contravention of the provisions of the Terms.
- — Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: any part of the app, any equipment or network on which the app is stored, any software used in the provision of the app, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party in order to facilitate you or allow you to access any part of the app.
These content standards apply to any and all material which a user and/Content provider contribute to the App (Contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole
- — Be accurate (where they state facts).
- — Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- — Comply with applicable law in India.
Contributors must not:
- — be misleading in any way.
- — contain video, photographs, or images of another person (without voluntary permission/consent of that person).
- — Promote self-harm, eating disorders or hard drug abuse
- — Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- — Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- — Promote sexually explicit material.
- — Promote violence.
- — Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- — Infringe any intellectual property right of any other person.
- — Be likely to deceive any person.
- — Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- — Threaten public order or incite commission of any cognizable offence.
- — Prevent investigation of any offence.
- — Be insulting to any other nation.
- — Threaten the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India.
- — Threaten India’s friendly relations with foreign states.
- — Promote any illegal activity, sale ofdrugs, alcohol, tobacco, firearms or other hazardous materials.
- — Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- — Be likely to harass, humiliate, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- — Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- — Be blasphemous or paedophilic in nature.
- — Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- — Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- — Refers to any website, app or URL that, in our sole discretion, contains material that is inappropriate for the App or any other website, contains content that would be prohibited or violates the letter or spirit of this Use Policy or the Terms.
- — interfere with another user's use and enjoyment of the App or any other individual's user and enjoyment of similar services;
- — solicit gambling or engages in any gambling activity which we, in our sole discretion, believe is or could be construed as being illegal;
- — involve the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming".
- — shall not, directly or indirectly, offer, attempt to offer, trade or attempt to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
- — Break or circumvent our security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks
- — Try to reverse engineer any of Pixtory’s software
- — Collect or store personally identifiable information from Pixtory or its users without their permission
- — Sell your username or otherwise transfer it for compensation
- — Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Use Policy through your use of the App. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- — Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the App.
- — Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the App.
- — Issue of a warning to you.
- — Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- — Further legal action against you.
- — Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
What are cookies, pixels, and local storage?
A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page or in an email notification. As many services do, we use pixels to learn whether you’ve interacted with certain web or email content. This helps us measure and improve our services and personalize your experience on the App.
Local storage is an industry-standard technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your computer or mobile device. We use local storage to customize what we show you based on your past interactions with the App.
Why do we use these policies?
We use these technologies to do things like:
- — make the app easier or faster to use;
- — enable features and store information about you (including on your device or in your browser cache) and your use of the App;
- — deliver, understand, and improve advertising;
- — monitor and understand the use of our products and services; and,
- — protect you, others and the App.
- — speed up your future activities and experience on our App
- — remember information about your browser and your preferences
We cannot identify you personally from this information.
What types of cookies do we use?
Two types of cookies may be used on the App - "session cookies" and "persistent cookies". Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave the App. A persistent cookie remains on your device for much longer or until you manually delete it (how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or "lifetime" of the specific cookie and your browser settings).
Some of the pages you visit may also collect information using pixel tags (also called clear gifs) that may be shared with third parties which directly support our promotional activities and website development. For example, website usage information about visitors of the App may be shared with our third party advertising agency to better target internet banner advertisements on our App. The information is not, however, personally identifiable, although it could be linked to your personal information.
Cookies used in the App
|Type of Cookie||What do they do?||Do these cookies collect my personal data / identify me?|
|Necessary||These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our App by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on the App, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. This helps us improve the performance of our App.||These cookies don’t identify you as an individual. All data is collected and aggregated anonymously.|
|Performance||These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our App by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on the App, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. This helps us improve the performance of our App.||These cookies don’t identify you as an individual. All data is collected and aggregated anonymously.|
|Functionality||These cookies allow our App to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) to provide a more personalised online experience.|
The information these cookies collect may include personally identifiable information that you have disclosed, such as your username or profile picture. We shall always be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it and with whom we share it
If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance and functionality of the App and may restrict access to content on the App.
|Targeting / advertising|
These cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests. They may be used to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They also help us measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
We may use these cookies to remember websites you have visited and we may share this information with other parties, including advertisers and our agencies.
|Most types of these cookies track consumers via their IP address so may collect some personal identifiable information.|
Where are these technologies used?
We use these technologies on our own App and services and on other App that have integrated our services. This includes our advertising and platform partners’. Third parties may also use these technologies, for example, when you interact with their content from within our services, like when you click a link or stream media on the App from a third-party service, and to help with the delivery of ads shown on and off of the App.
Do we use Third Party Cookies?
We use a number of suppliers that may also set cookies on your device on our behalf when you visit the App to allow them to deliver the services they are providing.
When you visit the App you may receive cookies from third party websites or domains. We endeavour to identify these cookies before they are used so that you can decide whether or not you wish to accept them. More information about these cookies may be available on the relevant third party's website.
How can I control Cookies?
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. You can change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. There are a number of ways to manage cookies. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to adjust or modify your browser settings.
If you disable the cookies that we use, this may impact your experience while on the App, for example you may not be able to visit certain areas of the App or you may not receive personalised information when you visit the App.
If you use different devices to view and access the App (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet etc) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
This advertising policy (“Advertising Policy”) is a part of and incorporated within and is to be read along with the Terms of Website Use(“Terms”). The capitalized terms used in this Advertising Policy, but not defined herein, shall have the meaning given to such terms in the Terms. Any reference to “you” and “your”, in this Advertising Policy, shall refer to you as advertiser.
We believe that advertisements and commercial content as listed by you on our Website (“Ads”) should contribute to and be consistent with the overall user experience and should be tailored to individuals based on how they interact and affiliate with the brands, artists, and businesses they care about. You are responsible for ensuring that your Ads comply with this Advertising Policy and all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
Advertising Policy, along with the Terms, apply to all Ads served by or appearing on the Website.
Ads that are generated through Content, by you or by any user of the Website, and ads that promote a sweepstakes, contest, competition or offer must also comply with the Terms.
Your Ads must not contain false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive claims or content. The Ads must not be violative of any law applicable to the users who might potentially be interested by or participate in anything advertised through that Ad.
Ads must lead to a functioning landing page that does not interfere with a user's ability to navigate away from the page.
Ads must always apply appropriate targeting and never use targeting criteria to provoke users.
Data and privacy
No data collected, derived or obtained from or in connection with an Ad posted by you (“Advertising Data”) may be received or used by an entity not acting on your behalf.
You may not use Advertising Data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis to assess the performance and effectiveness of your Ads. In no event may you use the Advertising Data, including the targeting criteria for an Ad, to build or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
You may use information provided directly to you from users if you provide clear notice to and obtain consent from those users and comply with all applicable laws and industry guidelines.
You may not directly or indirectly transfer or sell any Advertising Data to, or use such Advertising Data in connection with any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other party not acting on your behalf. By indirectly we mean you cannot, for example, transfer data to a third party who then transfers the data to an ad network.
Ad creative and positioning
All components of an Ad, including any text, images, or other media, must be relevant and appropriate to the product or service being offered and the audience viewing the Ad. Ads may not contain audio or flash animation that plays automatically without a user's interaction or expands within the Website after a user clicks on the Ad. Ads may not position products or services in a sexually suggestive manner. Ads may not contain content that exploits political agendas or hot button issues for commercial use. Additionally, Ad text must include proper grammar and the use of all symbols, numbers, or letters must adhere to the true meaning of the symbol.
Ads must clearly represent the company, product, service, or brand that is being advertised. Products and services promoted in the Ad must be clearly represented on the landing page, and the destination site may not offer or link to any prohibited product or service. Additionally, Ads may not suggest false relevancy to generic offers.
Ads may not assert or imply, directly or indirectly, within the Ad content or target, a user's personal characteristics within the following categories:
- — race, or ethnic origin;
- — caste;
- — religion or philosophical belief; or,
- — sexual orientation or sexual life.
Advertisers must ensure that their Ads comply with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines. All claims in ads must be adequately substantiated. Ads must not offend users. Ads and any offers promoted within ads must not be false, deceptive or misleading or contain spam. Ads must not contain or promote illegal products or services. Ads must not violate the rights of any third parties. Certain video ads, including those for health products and services, may not be allowed to play automatically, at the Company’s discretion.
Ads may not promote the sale or use of adult products or services, including but not limited to toys, videos, publications, live shows, or sexual enhancement products. Ads for family planning and contraception are allowed provided they follow the appropriate targeting requirements.
The following Ads are prohibited :
- i. Ads for illegal goods and services;
- ii. Ads for potentially unsafe goods
- iii. Ads with misleading/ deceptive claims
- iiii. Ads with controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown.
With respect to the following Ads, the Advertisers must only publish these Ads in compliance with the applicable laws for the jurisdictions where the users can have access to or act on these Ads.
Ads that promote or reference alcohol are prohibited in the following countries: Afghanistan, Brunei, Bangladesh, Egypt, Gambia, Kuwait, Libya, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen and any other jurisdiction where such ads are prohibited by law.
Where permissible, Ads that promote or reference alcohol must: (i) Comply with all applicable local laws, required or recommended industry codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals and (ii) apply age and country targeting criteria consistent with the applicable local laws. Where a user's age or country cannot be determined, the Ad must not be displayed to the user.
Ads for adult friend finders or dating sites with a sexual emphasis are not permitted. Ads for other online dating services are only allowed with prior authorization from the Company. These must adhere to the dating targeting requirements and the name of the product or service must be included in the ad text or image.
3. Drugs and Tobacco
Ads may not promote or facilitate the sale or consumption of illegal or recreational drugs, tobacco products, or drug or tobacco paraphernalia.
4. Pharmaceuticals and Supplements
Ads must not promote the sale of prescription pharmaceuticals. Ads for online pharmacies are prohibited except that ads for certified pharmacies may be permitted with prior approval from us.
Ads that promote dietary and herbal supplements are generally permitted, provided they do not promote products containing anabolic steroids, chitosan, comfrey, dehydroepiandrosterone, ephedra, human growth hormones, melatonin, and any additional products deemed unsafe or questionable by us in our sole discretion.
Ads may not contain or link directly or indirectly to a website that contains spyware/malware downloads or any software that results in an unexpected, deceptive or unfair user experience, including but not limited to software which:
- — "sneaks" onto a user's system;
- — performs activities hidden to the user;
- — may alter, harm, disable or replace any hardware or software installed on a user's computer without express permission from the user;
- — is bundled as a hidden component of other software whether free or for an additional fee;
- — automatically downloads without our express prior approval;
- — presents download dialog boxes without a user's action; or
- — may violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent or any other proprietary right.
6. Subscription services
Ads for subscription services, or that promote products or services that include negative options, automatic renewal, free-to-pay conversion billing products, or mobile marketing are subject to the following requirements:
- — Ad text must clearly and conspicuously disclose the recurring billing component (e.g. "subscription required").
The landing page must:
- — display the price and billing interval wherever the user is prompted to enter personally identifiable information;
- — include an unchecked opt-in checkbox; and
- — include language informing users how to cancel their subscription or membership.
Each of the foregoing must be located in a prominent place on your landing page, as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, and should be easy to find, read, and understand.
7. Unacceptable Business Model
Ads may not promote a business model or practice that is deemed by us in our sole discretion to be unacceptable or contrary to our overall advertising philosophy or to any applicable law, including but not limited to multi-level marketing schemes, or advertisements for scams.
8. Weapons and Explosives
Ads may not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
9. Illegal Activity
Ads may not constitute, facilitate or promote illegal activity.
Ads may not insult, attack, harass, bully, threaten, demean or impersonate others.
11. Hate Speech
Ads may not contain "hate speech," whether directed at an individual or a group, based on membership within certain categories. These categories include, but are not limited to, race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language.
Ads targeted to minors must not promote products, services, or content that is inappropriate, illegal, or unsafe, or that exploits, misleads, or exerts undue pressure on the age groups targeted.
Ads may not contain adult content, including nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative.
14. Shock Value
Ads may not be shocking, sensational or disrespectful, or portray excessive violence.
Interests targeting must correspond to likes and interests that are related to the advertised products or services. [Our system surfaces interests and aggregates topics automatically, without human review or management. While we offer several targeting options from the ad create flow, there is no guarantee that your Ad will be accepted or delivered based on the keywords or suggestions you select.] Please read below for more specific targeting requirements
Subject to all applicable laws, regulations, industry codes, and these guidelines, you may only target alcohol ads to the following age groups:
- — 25 years or older in India and Sweden
- — 21 years or older in Cameroon, Micronesia, Palau, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka and the US
- — 20 years or older in Japan, Iceland, Thailand, and Paraguay
- — 19 years or older in Canada, Korea, and Nicaragua
- — Keep in mind that ads may not be targeted to any people (irrespective of age) in Afghanistan, Brunei, Bangladesh, Egypt, Gambia, Kuwait, Libya, Norway, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Russia, Turkey, or any other market where such ads are prohibited.
- — The "Relationship" targeting parameter must be set to "Single" or "Not Specified"
- — The "Sex" targeting parameter must be set to either "Men" or "Women"
- — The "Age" targeting parameter must be set to a minimum of 18 years
- — The "Interested In" targeting parameter must be set to either "Men" or "Women" or "Unspecified"
Ads may not imply our endorsement or partnership of any kind. Ads linking to our Content (including Pages, groups, events, or Connect sites) may make limited reference to the Company in Ad text for the purpose of clarifying the destination of the Ad. All other ads and landing pages may not use our copyrights or trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by us and with our prior written permission.
The Ads must also comply with all the restrictions applicable on the Content as provided in the Website Acceptable Use Policy, however in the event of any conflict between the Website Acceptable Use Policy and this Advertising Policy, the latter shall prevail.
Rights of Others
Ads may not include content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights.
Negative Reviews of Ads
Ads, or categories of ads, that receive a significant amount of negative user feedback, or are otherwise deemed to violate our standards or Terms, are prohibited and may be removed. In all cases, we reserve the right in its sole discretion to determine whether particular content is in violation of our Terms.
We reserve the right to reject, approve or remove any ad for any reason, in our sole discretion, including ads that negatively affect our relationship with our users or that promote content, services, or activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests, or advertising philosophy. These guidelines are subject to change at any time.